There is no place like downtown for the holiday season!
Here is the RUN DOWN for 2016!
WIN A DOWNTOWN Shopping Spree! When you shop or dine at participating businesses you will be entered to win a prize drawing for every $20 spent! Starts BLACK FRIDAY and ends SECOND SATURDAY DECEMBER! Drawing will be the night of Second Saturday. You do NOT have to be present to win! Over $1,500 in downtown bucks and gift certificates to be given away! $800, $500, $300 prize drawings plus bonus drawings for Second Saturday shoppers!
- PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES: Sunnyside Shop, Butterfly Boutique, Heart of Dorchester Antiques, Thomas’s Fine Jewelry, The Wine Bar, The High Spot, Stoked, Blackwater Bakery, Rock Lobstah, Knit Nook, Canvasback, Main Street Gallery, Craig’s Gift Shop, Liv Again / The Art Bar, RAR Brewing, Simmon’s Center Market, Downtown Frame of Mine, Jimmie & Sook’s, Furniture Flipping Females (FFF), and Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe.
Prizes & Winning Numbers!
|$20.00||Jimmie & Sooks||#400|
|$10.00||High Spot/ Stoked||#8589|
|$10.00||High Spot / Stoked||#8191|
|$10.00||Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe||#3753|
|$10.00||Craig’s Drug Store||#8293|
|$10.00||Secrets of the Eastern Shore||#376|
|$10.00||Secrets of the Eastern Shore||#9533|
|$300.00||Prize Pack #3||#6062|
|$500.00||Prize Pack #2||#6777|
|$800.00||Prize Pack #1||#2491|
DECK THE HALLS! Thank you to Cindy Long Windsor and her elves for helping to brighten up several windows downtown including the old Calista’s and Salvation Army windows! More windows and downtown lighting to come!
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY! SAT, NOV 26th – Visit downtown Cambridge to show your appreciation for small businesses, DECK THE HALLS, then join us for the SPRING VALLEY tree lighting and a visit by Santa. Choirs, Carols, Family and Friends. The Lighthouse Foundation wraps gifts in exchange for donations, 12pm til 5pm. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME DOWNTOWN!
CHRISTMAS PARADE & BUSHEL BASKET TREE LIGHTING! SAT, DEC 3rd – afternoon shopping followed by the FAMOUS Bushel basket Tree lighting and downtown CHRISTMAS PARADE. The Tree Lighting kicks off at 4:30 PM, corner of Gay & Race Streets. Baywater Animal Rescue will be providing gift wrapping in exchange for donations Saturday afternoon 12pm – 5pm, 519 Poplar Street (Dorchester Star storefront).
Baywater Animal Rescue Wraps Gifts in exchange for a donation 12pm – 5pm
Santa at Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe 2pm – 4pm
Tree Lighting 4:30pm-ish, followed by 68th Annual Christmas Parade along High, Poplar & Race Streets
Santa at Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe 6pm – 8pm
DOE & STAG NIGHTS! DEC 7th / DEC 9th – Ladies you do the shopping on the evening of WED, DEC 7th. Sample a menu of wines as you travel shop to shop and enter your favorite items on the in store gift registry. Gentlemen, you shop for your ladies, taking advantage of their gift registry the evening of FRIDAY, DEC 9th during STAG NIGHT! Participating Shops, galleries, and restaurants open late both nights!
SECOND SATURDAY! SAT, DEC 10th – Dorchester YMCA wraps gifts in exchange for donations 12pm til 5pm, 519 Poplar Street (Dorchester Star storefront). Trunk shows, Bushel Basket Displays, Carriage Rides, and the grand prize drawings for the Downtown SHOP, DINE & WIN! promotion at 8pm. Expect live music and more holiday surprises! Shops, galleries, and restaurants open til late!
- Dorchester YMCA Wraps Gifts in exchange for a donation 12pm – 5pm
- WHCP Radio 101.5FM plays holiday music program 12pm – 5pm
- Chorus of Dorchester performs 4pm at Christ Church, seating limited!
- Street Holiday Market, toy drive, fire features, carriage rides, lights, live music, & holiday promotion prize drawing 5pm – 9pm
- Santa at 406 Race Street 5pm – 9pm
- Sip & Shop event at The Art Bar, 3pm – 7pm
- Dorchester Center for the Arts – choral performance at 6pm, lasting 30 minutes
- Dorchester Santa Toy Drive 12pm til late! special toy drive event located at RAR Brewing
DAD’S DAY! SAT, DEC 17th – Dad’s this is your chance to take the family out for a little holiday season downtown excursion to shop for mom, aunts, grandmother, sisters! Dad’s, what happens downtown, stays downtown 😉 Gift wrappers for a good cause are being lined up for this day!
- Habitat Choptank Wraps Gifts in exchange for a donation 12pm – 5pm
- Santa at Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe 1pm – 4pm
GIFT WRAPPING FOR A CAUSE! NEW this year is GIFT WRAPPING FOR A CAUSE. Cambridge Main Street has partnered with local non-profits like the Dorchester YMCA, Baywater Animal Rescue, and the Lighthouse Foundation to provide gift wrapping in exchange for donations to the respective good cause. Sponsored by The Whitten Group!
- Saturday, November 26th – The Lighthouse Foundation 12pm – 5pm
- Saturday, December 3rd – Baywater Animal Rescue 12pm – 5pm
- Saturday, December 10th – Dorchester YMCA 12pm – 5pm
- Saturday, December 17th – Habitat Choptank 12pm – 5pm
HOLIDAY SONG KARAOKE COMPETITION! CANCELLED – For the first time ever, downtown will host a Holiday Song Karaoke Competition! Details will be forth coming…so stay tuned! Featuring local “celebrity judge”, auditions will be hosted throughout downtown Nov. 23rd (RAR BREWING) & Nov. 30th (CANVASBACK). Auditions kick off at 7pm. Finals will be hosted during the evening of Second Saturday, Dec 10th, kicking off at 7pm.
TOY DRIVES! – Now through December 13th The Dorchester Santa Toy Drive will be collecting unwrapped toys to be given to area families during the holiday season. Katie Mae’s Country Shoppe will also be featuring the Miracle on Poplar Street Toy Drive between now and December 15th. Donations will be collected at Katie Mae’s and anywhere you see the “Dorchester Santa Toy Drive” sticker. Check out links to information via social media pages.