2016 Main Street Ornament
The 2016 holiday ornament is the Cambridge Firehouse and Municipal Building located on Gay Street in Downtown Cambridge. The building is a downtown and holiday icon, boasting holiday lights and hosting the annual train garden operated by Rescue Fire company.
The former Cambridge Firehouse, located at 307 Gay Street, was constructed in 1926 by architects Henry Powell Hopkins and Allan Burton. This firehouse is one of the top oldest standing firehouses throughout the Eastern Shore and was constructed in combination with the old Cambridge City Hall. The building is pending renovation by the City of Cambridge government. During the holiday season, the Rescue Fire Company houses their annual Train Garden inside the station, which remains open to the public from Dec 1st through Dec 30th.