527 Poplar Street
Get a taste of Eastern Shore living at this spot the locals rave about. Started by a Dorchester County native who comes from a family of watermen, the restaurant incorporates authentic Eastern Shore recipes from the owner’s grandmother. Specialties include meatloaf stuffed with spinach and goat cheese and chicken pot pie. Don’t miss the raw bar with oysters, mussels, shrimp, and more. (The restaurant’s name, by the way, refers to the name for a male crab – jimmie – and female crab – sook.) Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday. Live music on weekends, too. Check the Jimmie & Sook’s website or Facebook page for the latest events.
Owner Amanda Bramble was the first “American Character” featured on Tom Brokaw’s Dispatches from the Road” on USA Network. Learn more about Amanda’s incredible story of how she opened a successful restaurant — with the help of a strong community — in the midst of a shaky economy. Click here to watch the video and read her profile.
- Winner of 2 Judges Choice awards in 2017 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off!
- Winner of the Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice 1st place awards for Best Cream of Crab Soup in the 2014 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off. Winner of Judge’s Choice award for Best Crab Specialty for their crab salad.
- Winner of the 2013 and 2012 “Free State’s Finest” awards issued by Maryland Life Magazine as the best “Family Dining” restaurant on the Lower Eastern Shore.
- Winner of the Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice awards for “Best Crab Cake” in the 2013 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off. Winner of People’s Choice award for “Best Cream of Crab Soup.”
- Winner of the Judge’s Choice Award for “Best Crab Specialty Dish” (mango crab salad) in the 2012 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Winner of the Judge’s Choice and People’s Choice first-place awards for “Best Cream of Crab Soup” three years running (2012, 2010, 2011) in the Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Winner of People’s Choice 1st Place for “Best Crab Dip” in 2011 and 2010 in the Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Named “Best of the Eastern Shore 2010” for “Best Raw Bar” by What’s Up Eastern Shore magazine!
- Jimmie & Sook’s cream of crab soup was named one of the top 10 in Maryland by the Baltimore Sun. “It was the best cream of crab soup we’ve had anywhere, no question…. Come to Jimmie & Sook’s because it’s a good place to start rediscovering downtown Cambridge, which is experiencing an impressive renaissance.” Excerpts from a review in the Daily Times.Read the whole review.
- Winner of both the Judge’s Choice and the People’s Choice Awards for “Best Crab Soup” in the 2009 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.