535 Poplar Street
Cambridge, MD 21613
535 Poplar Street
Taste what’s trending in Downtown Cambridge! If you haven’t been to Bistro Poplar lately, you’re in for a treat.
After 10 years as one of the Shore’s most celebrated French restaurants, Chef Ian and his team have created a vibrant, more casual dining destination. Featuring small plates, creative libations and perfect endings, it’s Tapas ’stro style. You’ll find your favorite French dishes – onion soup, oysters, pâté, and steak frites –- plus a seasonal menu of internationally-inspired ‘petit plats’ in sharable portions.
Take a seat at the bar for one of Natalie’s artfully crafted cocktails. Can’t decide which dish to try? You don’t have to. Indulge in three or four small plates from Chef Ian’s masterful preparations. End the evening with one of Emily’s decadent desserts.
Inventive pairings, locally sourced and prepared from scratch. What are you waiting for? Bistro Poplar in Downtown Cambridge. For every outing … not just special occasions!
For reservations, call 410-228-4884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
tapas. cocktails. dessert. bistro.poplar.
- Voted “Best French” and “Best Tapas” (Sunday nights only) by readers of What’s Up Eastern Shore magazine for 2014. And that’s Bistro’s flounder pictured on the cover.
- Named to Best Chefs America, a guide to top chefs across the nation, in 2013.
- Winner of 2013 and 2012 “Free State’s Finest” awards from Maryland Life Magazine as the best “Fine Dining” restaurant on the Lower Eastern Shore.
- Chef Ian Campbell was named a 2011 finalist for Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland. He was one of only five finalists and the only one on the Eastern Shore.
- Named “Best of the Eastern Shore” for “Best French Restaurant” five years running (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009) by What’s Up Eastern Shore magazine. Also named “Best Seasonally Inspired Menu” in 2010.
Winner of the Judges’ Choice 1st Place award for “Best Crab Specialty Dish” for Crab Spring Roll in the 2013 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Winner of the Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice 1st Place awards for “Best Crab Dip” in the 2012 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
Winner of the People’s Choice 1st Place Award for “Best Crab Cake” in the 2010 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Bistro Poplar was one of five finalists in Maryland’s Favorite Restaurant category in the Maryland Restaurant Association’s ‘best of the best’ Stars of the Industry awards program. It was the only Eastern Shore restaurant to make the cut in 2010.
- “The restaurant creates delectable dishes,” the Daily Times writes, noting the green tomatoes and crab hash appetizer, the peppercorn-crusted bison rib-eye, and the broccoli rabe (“a complete triumph”). Read the full story.
- Winner of both the Judge’s Choice and the People’s Choice 1st Place Awards for “Best Crab Specialty” (for spicy crab salad in a ginger crepe) in the 2009 Taste of Cambridge Crab Cook-Off.
- Named “Best of the Eastern Shore” for “Best French Restaurant” by What’s Up Eastern Shore magazine, 2015.
There are no upcoming events at this time.