Join us for a fun filled weekend in September beginning Friday evening September 14th and ending Sunday, September 16th for the GrooveFEST: Blues, Brews, and BBQs weekend-long series of events, including the free street festival in downtown Cambridge.
“Downtown GrooveFEST: Blues, Brews & BBQs” is a new approach to the traditional mid-September street festival that combines the “Blues, Brews & BBQs” theme with an updated event name and more powerful vision. The new headline name is inspired by a revival the Groove City Jazz and Blues Festival while also keeping the fun street festival, and earthy vibe of the downtown.
GrooveFEST, will feature Blues, Brews and BBQs theme by bringing earthy, soulful music in an effort to tap into the character of downtown Cambridge and our local musical heritage.
FRIDAY: September 14th
- GLOBE POSTER OPENING NIGHT! Join us for a special event kicking off the weekend. A exhibit opening and speaker featuring the designer and printers of the Globe Posters, known for their graphic design of musician event posters for generations of performers. Includes an exhibit of private collection globe posters, a talk by Globe Poster designer and printer, and a fun evening of adult refreshments and music by Kentavious Jones band “Fire on the Bay”. Globe Poster exhibit will be up through the weekend.
SATURDAY: September 15th
- Gospel Performance by local choir performers – time to be announced
- Street Festival featuring the musical talents of Josh Christina, Hoppie Vaughn and the Ministers of Soul, Trinity Blues Band, and SoulTET. We’ll have lots of great BBQ, vendors, and music to enjoy!
- After Party and jam session at 447 9pm til late! All musicians welcome to come sit in.
SUNDAY: September 16th
- “Battle of the Bands” featuring youth bands competing to win the title of best band!